Optimize your building performance with Building Operator Certification
Running a building isn’t the job it used to be, and investing in technology isn’t enough. A well-trained facilities staff makes the difference in running building operations more efficiently, saving you energy and money.
Building Operator Certification (BOC) is a nationally recognized, competency-based program focusing on energy-efficient building operations and preventive maintenance procedures. The program will train facility personnel to understand how their building systems work together, and how to bring them to their most efficient level of operation.
Upcoming training schedule
Training Certificate of Completion:
Through classroom instruction, small group exercises and facility-based project assignments, BOC's qualified instructors will help you master the following topics:
Level I Training (8 days of training in a 7 month period)
- Energy Efficient Operation of Building HVAC Systems (2 days)
- Measuring and Benchmarking Energy Performance
- Efficient Lighting Fundamentals
- HVAC Control Fundamentals
- Indoor Environmental Quality
- Common Opportunities for Low-Cost Operational Improvement
- Facility Electrical Systems
Level II Training(7 days of training in a 7 month period)
- Preventive Maintenance and Troubleshooting Principles
- Advanced Electrical Diagnostics
- HVAC Troubleshooting and Maintenance (2 days)
- HVAC Controls and Optimization
- Motors in Facilities
- Building Commissioning
Participants are provided with in-depth reference manuals, as well as access to BOC's network of participants, experts and resources to leverage for troubleshooting, best practices and advice.
Cost and tuition reimbursement:
The cost of BOC certification for each level is $1,150 per person. Westar Energy offers qualified customers $575 in tuition reimbursement upon successful completion of each level.