Group billing information
Group billing allows residential and business customers with two or more accounts to bill at one time, on one billing statement.
How it works
Westar processes each individual bill and holds all statements until the last account bills, then a group bill is issued. The due date for the group billing is the commercial due date of the last account that billed. This allows you to make one payment for all accounts with no late fees.
Participation in group billing
All accounts must have a good 12-month payment history. Landlords are eligible only if the accounts remain in their name at all times. Manually billed accounts, accounts on payment agreements and accounts on average payment plan are not eligible for group billing. Group bills cannot contain both residential and commercial or industrial accounts.
Group billing features
- Individual account numbers are easy to identify.
- The service address is shown for each account.
- The deposit held for each account is listed.
- Current charges for each account are easily identified.
- Additional line items are provided on the summary page.
Sample Group Billing Statement
To sign up for group billing, email group billing or call 785-575-8182 or 785-575-8104.